The Great Encounter Debate…
Updated February 14, 2014.
So this event has very little middle ground. You either find this ridiculously fake or you feel this is the closest thing to contact we have ever had. Neither is wrong, but the debate continues decades after the event happened. I personally can’t buy a word of it. I have a healthy skepticism, so unless it’s proof I can’t rip apart, I’m not buying it. I also add in, that it has to be proven to be real, not proven to be fake. There is no proof that this is real (the video footage is not definitive, not even a little), and there are no other witnesses to corroborate his experience. So please do not take offense if I am a bit… brutally honest with this.
My bottom line is this: When and if a REAL AUTHENTIC alien encounter happens like this, possibly by one man, or a small group of people, this supposed encounter by Reed / Rutter will taint the truth. The skeptics, debunkers will all point to this and laugh at them, and at us. The validity of any true encounter, or evidence has diminished because of this hoax (arguably) and so called “doctor.”
UFO Watch Dog has a lot of damning evidence against John Bradley Rutter, and come to find out, most of the personal information is incorrect. The following video has shed some light on WHO Reed / Rutter is, but it does very little to prove anything about the encounter.
NOTE: This does prove who he is and a few of the personal facts that were in dispute. I am glad a few things can be cleared up. Unfortunately does not sway anyone away from the actually video and information regarding it, which as of now has never been proven to be anything but a hoax.
So where does that leave us?
I have a nice list of things that I have questions about:
- Jonathan Reed is not his real name, in fact this is one of close to a dozen name changes before and after the event. NOTE: Some people state it is because he needed to hide his identity after his claim.
- For someone who wants to document it, he never takes off the aliens clothes (which look like human clothes), we never see the hands, feet, legs, or any other part of the body.
- It actually doesn’t look like there is a body in there, just some clothes in the shape of a humanoid. If this creature could rip a dog in two, a simple hit on the head deflates this creature and his strength?
- I find it hard to believe that human blood looks very much like… alien blood.
- The alien never moves. Not even a twitch. It blinks it’s eyes, and that is all. No movement from the flat body, no head turn, no mouth movement.
- So the alien has enough strength to rip a dog in two, but not enough to move it’s arm or leg or head?
- Why didn’t the “Dr” call the Police or have other people witness it?
- Reed recorded the alien “screaming” not with a video recorder but a tape player. Reed claims it was visible and bubbly? really? No VIDEO of that?
- While picking up the head and skull the alien did not “scream?” So just by opening the freezer door it screams but playing with a head wound… it doesn’t?
- On Fact or Faked they had a FBI voice analysis of “Dr” Reed and he was flat out lying… about everything. This is very arguable, but still another question I would like answered.
- He could make a lot of money from this, books, interviews, videos, etc… and has.
- He had the cameras all ready for the aliens, but not for the mysterious vans in his driveway?
- There is absolutely NO OTHER witnesses. Who tipped off the “mysterious vans?” Was it the costume rental company retrieving its alien mask?
Rutter changed his story. The first “story” he claimed the alien found a way out of his freezer and escaped on his own accord. So that begs to question, the alien couldn’t move a muscle when Rutter was filming it… yet the alien could open a freezer from the inside with no handle, and escape. But there is absolutely NO movement in the Alien in this video. So my theory, is that Rutter decides the first story just is not going to be feasible. So he concocts a story about mysterious vans. “Mysterious Vans” that have no real description, that show up despite no witnesses. If you were trying to cover something up, get away with a lie, what would you do?
So lets move on to the fact he calls himself a Doctor, and yet doesn’t keep samples, takes readings, no experiments and does not try to help the creature or does anything but ball it up in a freezer? Reports claim the people testing the blood and tissue samples were “murdered.” If that is true it is horrific. But after reading so many articles, there has never been any record or report of any lab technicians, scientists, lab personnel or doctors murdered in or around this time in that area of the United States.The claim was TWO, so that was very distinctive… it never happened. (please spare us the Government coverup nostalgia)
I know there are doctors who are not of medicine, but in my opinion, this video was shot by an average joe, not a highly educated individual (This is very opinionated of me, but it is something I took in account). Unless he is Doctor Love from Rock 98 – this is yet another thing that does not “jive” with his story. Why do you bother to film this creature, keep it in the freezer and you don’t want to help it? Maybe even contact someone who could do something. If this is a true story, he left it to suffer in a freezer with traumatic injuries and unrestrained. Doesn’t sound safe, and definitely does not sound humane, for anyone, let alone a highly educated doctor.
I won’t even comment on the find the hovering object; for me is not even a credible piece of evidence.
The poor dog gets forgotten in this whole account and if he really did die during this, it is a horrible event. But it has been documented that he said the dog was “tore in half” by the alien. Then the story changed, per Rutter / Reed to “the dog turned to ashes.” You either remember the account correctly or you are lying. But if you suspend disbelief for a moment, imagine trying to grab a dog and rip it in half. A decent size dog like a golden retriever. I can’t fathom a human being able to do it, so this creature went down with a hit of a stick yet had the power and agility to grab the dog and destroy him. Yet, people continue to believe without truly thinking this through.
I have read many times in regards to his career and how it affected him. “Why would he give up a blossoming career of medicine, cars, women, etc…” Reed has signed off and wrote multiple books, made a lot of money doing it. You can buy his book now if you don’t believe me. You think this is going to the Humane Society in honor of his dog? I doubt it. When you have questions and their is a motive present, you are now in the prove me wrong category. Which no one has, nor do I believe anyone will with the current evidence (with nothing new).
He has back peddled on how the alien escaped, how the dog died and what he did after he came back from gathering the creature. So let’s take the personal information out all this and lets boil it down to:
An alien encounter that has no tangible evidence.Whether you believe him or not, this is the truth.
- Where is the body? Some vans took it away.
- Why no blood and tissue samples? He did, but the people doing the testing were “murdered.”
- What did you do with the dog? No one knows.
- Where are the people corroborating his story? There is not any, and conveniently “not available” now or the time of the event. No messages to friends and no one to step forward and tell us he tried to contact him.
- What evidence is there? A video of “something” wrapped up that blinks once. doesn’t make a sound, doesn’t move a muscle and the body looks to be grossly undersized in accordance to this creatures head.
- So he is on the run because of these “assassins”? No, he was readily available to do an interview on a popular sci-fi show.
- Does he have video of the autopsy? Despite being of the medical profession, psychological or not, he does not perform this. Just a quick grab of the eye lids.
Gathering all the evidence is important to me and the many comments brought to my attention many things. Thank you all for participating in this. I have updated this article to reflect some of the new found information in regards to the personal information of Reed / Rutter.
I get a lot of feedback from this article, and I am sorry if the facts and information I know punch holes in your beliefs. There is absolutely no proof Rutter / Reed had an alien in his freezer. A poorly shot, planned, acted video with a horrible alien doll is not proof, in fact it diminishes this event. Take the evidence, and it is crystal clear this guy is a career con artist and the people who want to believe so much, is a victim.
If you want to believe, I encourage you to believe. Just don’t fall victim to hoaxes. Things like this take away from a possible real encounter that should be investigated. He should be ashamed of himself.
Some good comments from below (there are ALOT of comments, just pulling out some of the good ones).
Reed says having put the alien in the freezer……he tries to get some sleep………..now that’s just sounds too silly……you’ve just discovered what could be the biggest discovery of all time……..and you want to go to sleep!
“In the forest the alien head and face is white.When at his house it turn to clay colour.”
Allegedly the skin reacted to our environment after long exposure. Again, if you went to all this effort to hoax you wouldn’t let something so obvious slip through to raise these obvious questions.
Also, I do think it’s odd that Rutter has changed his name so many times, beginning BEFORE his alleged alien experience and that he claimed to be a doctor, but never went to college. It seems like sketchy behavior to me.
And finally, why I created this article and continue the debate. To educate how this all “should” work in the real, sane world.
JournalisticStandard (LOL) says:
It is irresponsible for you to say this was a hoax and then offer only your opinion. This is not PROVEN to be a hoax. The guy who wrote the fake howard hughes… who claimed he was interviewing him… now that is a hoax. Don’t expect to have any credibility when you definitely say something is a hoax and then just go on to speculate why you think it is a hoax.
I have only concluded the obvious end result. What do I mean by that? First there has to be evidence that can be analyzed. There is none. I can surmise that you are assuming this video is hard evidence. If that is the case, I can show you clips of the movie E.T. and proceed to ask you to “prove this a fake.” When evidence is circumstantial, unproven and have the ability to be manipulated, it is no longer hard evidence. Without hard evidence, this is “prove to everyone this is real” not the other way around… I don’t know why I am explaining this to the Journalistic Standard, this should be journalism 101.
VIDEO ON THE FOREST ENCOUNTER:
ENTIRE FOOTAGE OF POST FREEZER EXAMINATION:
IF YOU EVER QUESTIONED HIS SANITY:
FACT OR FAKED DEBUNK PART OF EP 9 OF SEASON 1
This is no longer available for free. Which is fine, you will have to buy the episode or have Netflix to watch it. They did not do a good job with this, but did prove how ridiculously easy it is to fake it.
OTHER LINKS AND STORIES:
If you have any further information on this, please send it to us! CONTACT US.
Updated July 10th, 2016. Corrections in grammar. Removed all the dead links, added a few more and refreshed the Youtube videos.